Hi everyone.. Well I made it.. I survived a “project” with Mark. Now some of you may think ..”What does she mean?” Well I will try to share the life of a project with Mark and me.

First we are not “handy”… oh sure we can change a light bulb, and can put air in tires..( well sometimes that has been a hassle) but a “PROJECT” that is more serious.

Tonight I got home and Mark said.. wanna put up the new mini blinds tonight… Oh I can see some of you handy folks thinking “piece of cake”..or “could do that with my eyes closed” …well not so much for us. As the words came out of his mouth..I have my back turned and I say sure… thinking oh boy..I think I have to go get a tooth pulled……I do not know if we have enough time—it is only 6 hrs till midnight!…To begin with I am an instruction reading person… I look at the various parts, gadgets and instructions and I read them over and over again. ( Mark thinks I go overboard with the reading thing… ) But for me—it avoids putting the blind holder uppers on upside down…

Than the window sills are not regular wood… they are laminate over hard ass wood— I am not sure but I truly believe there is  concrete mixed in with the wood particles under the laminate.To screw anything in them—well it is like screwing into steel….

PROBLEM>>>>we have tools…or should I say  things that claim to be tools, but since we are not handy our tools are made in Indonesia , or China..they are definitely not the Snap on tool brand..or Craftsman..or Made in America… so with out the correct tools we tend to make our projects more interesting. We do have a nice tool set from Jeff and Amanda—but in the stress of the “project” I just could not figure out which piece went with what…

We had to line up 3 spots for the hanger uppers to go… with my eyeballs attached to my head where they are—there was not really room to look up straight at the area without me having the top of my head go out the window pane..so my lining up was a little angled. But I marked places with a permanent marker..we put in a drill bit ( way to small for the holes we needed) and drilled.. only to find out we had to find a bigger bit and do them again.

We tried to use the drill to screw in the screws….… that was not happening—we stripped the first screw… so go to the manual screw driver…low and behold….our CHEAP Phillips head bits for the screw driver stripped.

After 48 minutes ,some frustrating comments, … we did  get the first blind up… I stopped, as just before our “project” I had put spaghetti squash on the stove…It was definitely done after the FIRST blind was up…. so I made dinner…than we went back for the second phase of our project… We really should YouTube our projects… I think they might go viral…Mark and I had to take turns with the screwdriver..as his shoulders were hurting  when he held his arms up too long.Plus his leg is not good and his back starts to hurt… and today he has been having super strong waves of dizziness..so that added to the fun..than throw in some anxiety and frustration and HEE HAW we are having a party!!.. so I started the screws and he finished them… He was trying to line the driver up with the head new blinds 001of the screw..but he had reading glasses on—so the bit of the screwdriver was further away than the head of the screw driver… So I got the two connected—than he screwed them in..Oh such fun watching the mechanically challenged!!

I told him if we were ever to do a BIG PROJECT—it would take us forever to complete..we would probably finish and  be in divorce court immediately following…

And somehow.. oh about 3 hrs after I got home… I took this picture…

Mark is laughing because he asked if I was going to post about it…. I said Yep..you and I give me material every day !!. So I am going to leave for now… try to clear my mind and stare at our project…. AHH>>thank God they are still up in the window sill… Love Mrs Justa alias Cindy

Advertisements